Although the days of sandy asanas are gone (and we're sad to see them go), autumn brings a breath of fresh air to our practice. As the leaves turn to fiery oranges and burning reds, we get the opportunity to set fresh intentions for the new season. Whether you want to try a new vegan pumpkin recipe in October, give extra thanks in November, tell people how much you love them in December, or learn a new pose before New Years-- the beginning of fall is a chance to rewrite your practice.
After our intentions are set, we get to unpack our comfiest socks, warmest leggings, and coziest cardigans. But does anything really change in the nature of yoga fashion? Aside from the obvious shift from neons to warm fall neutrals, what defines fall fashion on and off of the mat? Here is our list of must-haves for the studios and the streets this season.
1. Joggers - A trend on and off the mat, these sweet sweats allow you to be comfy while looking chic (talk about the best of both worlds). Yoga goddess? pair them with your favorite cropped bralette and an oversized shawl for a day at the studio. Weekend warrior? Mix your comfy joggers with a structured blazer and ankle booties.
2. Leg Warmers - Cue the 80s playlist, leg warmers are back and we're bringing them to the mats. Leg warmers come in all shapes, lengths and sizes, attached to yoga pants or sold as separate pieces. We love the Beyond Yoga Leg Warmer Leggings!
3. Cozy Cardigans - Wrap yourself up in love this fall (you'll thank us later). From cozy open-knits to flowing wraps and comfy cover-ups to pretty pullovers, you can never have too many. The PrAna Angelica Duster Sweater makes us feel extra warm and fuzzy (we dare you to try it on).
4. Infinity Scarves - Layer a scarf over your favorite yoga tank for an easy transition into fall. How cute is the Pure Karma Infinity Scarf? We love the "bottle" color layered over dark neutrals and paired with your favorite riding boots for an effortless post-class adventure.
5. Jewel Tone Yoga Pants - After a summer of bold colors, it's time to cool down with jewel tones. Step into some burgundy, navy, grey, teal, cobalt, or deep purple hues this season. Whether you're mid-asana or mid-netflix, yoga pants are the real gems of fall.
6. Everyday Arm Candy - Stack 'em and wrap 'em, fall is the time to add a few more pieces to your arm party. Whether you're wrapping a rosewood mala around your wrist or stacking different Pura Vida bracelets-- let these simple treasures be a constant reminder to be thankful and give back to your practice this season.
7. Glass Water Bottles - Although the scorching sun has set for summer, it is still very important to stay hydrated. We like anything recycled, but we're obsessing over the beautiful designs by Blue Bottle Love.
So there you have it, EverydayYoga.com's must-haves that we're falling in love with.