Keep your travels stress-free with this travel-ready Hugger Mugger Tapas Travel Yoga Mat. Its lightweight and packable construction allows you to easily pack it with you on-the-go.
- Lightweight and packable for travel.
- Versatile storage – can fold or roll up.
- Closed cell construction.
- Super sticky for exceptional grip.
- Non-slip stabilizes practice.
- Sturdy, long-lasting and economical.
- No heavy metals or phthalates.
- Latex free.
- Pairs well with cotton yoga mats.
- Colors: Teal, Blue, Purple
- Style Features: Shiny
- Grip Type: Sticky
- Thickness: 1.5mm/ 1/16 inch
- Mat Type: Closed Cell, Travel
- Dimensions: 24" x 68"
- Weight: 1.35 lbs
- Care: Spot clean with mild soap and water or mat cleaner; hang to dry.
Country of Origin
Sarah Chambers is the founder of Hugger Mugger™. She was an accomplished woodworker when she discovered Yoga. The sport's tremendous impact of her health made Yoga a way of life for Sarah. She began developing wooden and fabric tools to help with her practice in 1986.
She began developing products for fellow yogis, including the company's namesake, Hugger Muggers. She developed apparel meant to conceal and comfort. Since the word "hugger-mugger" means "to conceal" the catchy name, Hugger Mugger fit.
Among Hugger Mugger's most notable designs is the Tapas Sticky Mat. Predecessor mats were not designed specifically for Yoga and would deteriorate quickly with use. The Tapas Sticky Mat was the first long-term performance yoga mat and continues to set the standards for the industry. For more than 25 years, Hugger Mugger has been known as an innovator of technically advanced yoga products serving yoga teachers and students throughout the world. For every online sale, Hugger Mugger gives back by donating a percentage of the profit to a different organization each quarter.
- Jennifer N.Verified BuyerRated 3 out of 5 stars1 year agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Travel Yoga Mat 68" 1.5mm BlueHigh Expectations - Mediocre Returns
I got this mat because I like REALLY THIN mats...I'd go "matless" if I had spidey fingers. My favorite is the Manduka Ultra Thin travel mat but they are expensive and, though they last a long time, I'm thrifty and try to find deals. This mat IS pretty thin. But it's got less traction than I prefer and is coated by a thin film of something slightly slippery. I have a vigorous/strong practice and my stay-put-edness on the mat is *key*. Will keep this mat for home practice but it will never see the inside of a studio. Also...see how nice and flat/wrinkle-free the mat in the image looks? Nah. This mat is very porous, even for how thin it is. There isn't enough MASS to it for it to ever lay completely flat.Preferred Type of Yoga Practice VinyasaLevel of Yoga Expertise ExpertFrequency (a week) 5-7Perspiration Level LightDurability Star RatingRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- Madeleine T.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Travel Yoga Mat 68" 1.5mmAlready given up to finding a good travel yoga mat...Then when I called Yoga Out
Outlet a nice lady helped me finding what I needed. I ordered this mat and what a great mat it is... Super thin but cushi, a very firm grip and...light. Exactly what I neede for my trip on which I use it every day.
- PrimalyogichikVerified BuyerRated 2 out of 5 stars8 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Travel Yoga Mat 68" 1.5mmTapas Travel Mat
The overall quality of the mat is fine, however, it's not sticky enough. For someone who usually slips on standard yoga mats (and I'm not a sweaty person), this one is not a good choice. I bought a travel yoga mat because I'm going to be spending an extended period of time backpacking and practicing yoga in Southeast Asia, where it's hot and humid, and this mat just won't cut it.
- KittykathyVerified BuyerRated 3 out of 5 stars8 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Travel Yoga Mat 68" 1.5mmGood Travel Mat
Pro's: light weight 1.5 lbs (I weighed it) compared to my regular mat which is 3 lbs and bulkier. Fits nicely in the suitcase. Cons: The mat slips on the underlying carpet and bunches when trying various yoga or other exercise poses. Overall it works great as travel mat. I am willing to tolerate the bunching and slipping because of it's compact size and light weight.