Yogis of any skill level will enjoy the exceptional comfort and support of this Hugger Mugger Tapas Original Extra Long Yoga Mat. This solid yoga mat is a tried and true yoga staple that combines the perfect combination of function and affordability.
- Solid yoga mat.
- Hugger Mugger logo tag at edge.
- Sticky, non-slip surface.
- Lightweight and durable.
- PVC material free of latex, heavy metals, and phthalates.
- Over 6 feet yoga mat in length.
- Colors: Purple, Berry, Teal, Blue, Pink, Grey, Green
- Style Features: None
- Grip Type: Sticky
- Thickness: 3 mm/ 3/32 inch
- Mat Structure: Closed Cell
- Dimensions: 24" x 80"
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
- Care: Wash before first use. Clean with mat wash or a 1:20 solution of mild dish soap and water. Hang to dry.
Country of Origin
- Made in the USA.
Sarah Chambers is the founder of Hugger Mugger™. She was an accomplished woodworker when she discovered Yoga. The sport's tremendous impact of her health made Yoga a way of life for Sarah. She began developing wooden and fabric tools to help with her practice in 1986.
She began developing products for fellow yogis, including the company's namesake, Hugger Muggers. She developed apparel meant to conceal and comfort. Since the word "hugger-mugger" means "to conceal" the catchy name, Hugger Mugger fit.
Among Hugger Mugger's most notable designs is the Tapas Sticky Mat. Predecessor mats were not designed specifically for Yoga and would deteriorate quickly with use. The Tapas Sticky Mat was the first long-term performance yoga mat and continues to set the standards for the industry. For more than 25 years, Hugger Mugger has been known as an innovator of technically advanced yoga products serving yoga teachers and students throughout the world. For every online sale, Hugger Mugger gives back by donating a percentage of the profit to a different organization each quarter.
- Beth M.Verified BuyerRated 1 out of 5 stars2 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Original Extra Long Yoga Mat 80" 3mm PurpleHorrible mat!
Horrible mat! I was so excited to find an extra long version. Just used it for the first time and it is not sticky at all. hands and feet sliding in every pose. I will never buy Hugger Mugger again!Preferred Type of Yoga Practice VinyasaLevel of Yoga Expertise AdvancedFrequency (a week) 2-4Perspiration Level LightDurability Star RatingRated 2.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- NicoleRated 2 out of 5 stars2 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Original Extra Long Yoga Mat 80" 3mmA Christmas disappointment
I really wish I wouldn't have to write a review like this, but I feel like I need to warn future buyers. I bought this yoga mat as a Christmas present to myself. As a tall female at 5'11, this mat seemed perfect for me. However, unfortunately upon opening it I was met with an awful plastic smell. As I rolled it out, I could hear resistance from the plastic stickiness because the mat had been so tightly rolled and the synthetic plastic material had fused together. As I set up to try my first down dog, my palms immediately began slipping. It's almost as if the mat is covered in a plastic slicking material. Because of these reasons, It's totally unusable in my opinion and I just sent it back to return. This is super unfortunate as I'm not normally one to leave reviews for products I buy on the internet.Preferred Type of Yoga Practice VinyasaLevel of Yoga Expertise IntermediateFrequency (a week) 2-4Perspiration Level LightDurability Star RatingRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- Sreeharsha C.Verified BuyerRated 4 out of 5 stars2 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Original Extra Long Yoga Mat 80" 3mm OliveLittle Smelly, Perfect length.
I am 6ft tall, serve my purpose.Preferred Type of Yoga Practice Vinyasa, MeditationLevel of Yoga Expertise IntermediateFrequency (a week) 2-4Perspiration Level ModerateDurability Star RatingRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- Jesse R.Verified BuyerRated 3 out of 5 stars3 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Tapas Original Extra Long Yoga Mat 80" 3mm BlackGreat Length, Half Usable
I love the length of this mat, it gives plenty of Svas room for my 6'3” partner. However, only 1 side has any texture, while the other side is like a “melted smooth” texture and so is not good for yoga or grip...Preferred Type of Yoga Practice Vinyasa, Yin (Restorative), MeditationLevel of Yoga Expertise ExpertFrequency (a week) 5-7Perspiration Level LightDurability Star RatingRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5