The rubber plantations of Malaysia and Indonesia provide the material for the Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Grip Yoga Mat. This sturdy mat is equally sticky on both sides for extra stability.
- Natural rubber yoga mat.
- Marbled effect on top.
- Non-slip surfaces on both sides.
- Grippy surface.
- Natural rubber is durable and long lasting.
- Sustainable and renewable materials.
- Color: Purple
- Style Features: Printed, Marbled
- Material: 100% Natural Rubber
- Mat Type: Closed Cell
- Grip Type: Sticky
- Thickness: 6mm/ just short of 1/4" inch
- Dimensions: 24" x 70"
- Weight: 6.05 lbs
- Care: Wipe mat down with a warm, wet towel; air dry out of direct sunlight
Country of Origin
Sarah Chambers is the founder of Hugger Mugger™. She was an accomplished woodworker when she discovered Yoga. The sport's tremendous impact of her health made Yoga a way of life for Sarah. She began developing wooden and fabric tools to help with her practice in 1986.
She began developing products for fellow yogis, including the company's namesake, Hugger Muggers. She developed apparel meant to conceal and comfort. Since the word "hugger-mugger" means "to conceal" the catchy name, Hugger Mugger fit.
Among Hugger Mugger's most notable designs is the Tapas Sticky Mat. Predecessor mats were not designed specifically for Yoga and would deteriorate quickly with use. The Tapas Sticky Mat was the first long-term performance yoga mat and continues to set the standards for the industry. For more than 25 years, Hugger Mugger has been known as an innovator of technically advanced yoga products serving yoga teachers and students throughout the world. For every online sale, Hugger Mugger gives back by donating a percentage of the profit to a different organization each quarter.
- Dee W.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Para Rubber Grip Yoga Mat 70" 6mm Extra ThickExactly what I expected!
I don’t slip anymore.
- Lisa Y.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoReviewingHugger Mugger Para Rubber Grip Yoga Mat 70" 6mm Extra Thickgreat grip
The mat really met my expectations. I have tried others that claim no slipping, but this is true of this mat. Some reviews mention the odor from the natural rubber, but I cleaned it right away and the odor is minimal. No matter how much of a sweat I work up, I do not slide. In fact, I had to get used to sticking so well!!