The Manduka Local Yoga Mat Carrier has a timeless style and comfortable design. A classic single-compartment construction offers roomy storage with an interior pocket for your valuables.
- Yoga mat bag.
- Classic single compartment bag.
- Large grommet detail at sides.
- J-zip mat insertion design with dual metal zippers.
- Separate space for yoga gear and personal items.
- Contrasting adjustable shoulder strap.
- Contrasting sturdy side handle.
- Designed for weather and water resistance.
- Made from Okeo-Tex certified, AZO dye free and unbleached fabric.
- Fabric: 100% Cotton
- Color: Blue, Green, Black
- Care: Spot clean only.
- Dimensions: 29" 6.5" x 6.5"
Country of Origin
Founded at the turn of the millennium, Manduka® has always been a company that put its customers and the environment above all else. Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, stumbled upon a simple, yet elegantly created mat that completely revolutionized the way he practiced yoga. This revelation was the inspiration for the whole Manduka yoga line.
Sterios' creation would not have been possible without the help of his generous yoga teachers. As a form of appreciation he sent a mat to many of the yoga teachers he admired including Rod Stryker, Erich Schiffmann, Victor Van Kooten, Angela Farmer, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. As a traditional practice in yoga, these teachers shared these mats with their students and from there the word spread.
Manduka, derived from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana, is named as a tribute to Sterios' yoga mentor, Shandor Remete. The delight he took in hearing the word roll of his tongue helped him solidify the faith he had in his new company. From there the joy has spread to over 35 countries worldwide.
More than anything though, Manduka's commitment to quality and sustainability is unmatched in the yoga industry. Every detail and every decision is made with sustainability in mind. Manduka wants their customers to not only find peace with themselves, but their environment as well. Products like the Manduka eKO Lite Yoga mat, the eQua Hot Yoga Towel, demonstrate just how committed they are to sustainability.
Manduka understands that yogis of all levels come from diverse backgrounds, but they all share similar core values. Beyond just being eco-friendly, is the spirit and wisdom that yoga teachers and their students emanate. Yoga is more than just exercise on a mat, it's a way of life. Manduka embraces this idea and lets it shine through all their yoga products.
- Robert P.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoReviewingManduka Local Yoga Mat Carrier 2.0Great Mat Carrier
Fits my manduka pro mat easily. Like the zippered pocket inside and the fact you can carry your straps, towel, etc in the separate compartment. Good quality, nice wide carrying strap. I have used the bag for months and get nice comments about it.
- Mjg78Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoReviewingManduka Local Yoga Mat Carrier 2.0Durability
Nice and well made. Very satisfied with overall quality.
- AlyssoncVerified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars6 years agoReviewingManduka Local Yoga Mat Carrier 2.0The red inside wears off
I bought this bag from yoga outlet 6 months ago and wish I knew this- The red dye used in inside of bad wears off! My wallet is now red on edges and front and the edges of my beautiful manduka prolite is now pink! Do not waste your money! I absolutely love this bag and wish it wasn't red inside! Searching for one exactly like this without red! Besides this, I love this bag- roomy and comfortable to carry mat, towel and phone and wallet.
- DeftVerified BuyerRated 2 out of 5 stars6 years agoReviewingManduka Local Yoga Mat Carrier 2.0Returned
Great looking bag, however, I returned this item because the bag didn't fit my Prana Revolution mat.