The Manduka EKOLite Yoga Mat 79" 4mm provides a naturally grippy surface that catches if you start to slip. Eco-friendly and biodegradable, this non-Amazon harvested tree rubber mat firmly supports both your practice and our planet.
- Developed by yoga teachers over 4 years
- Most durable natural rubber yoga mat on the market
- No PVC or harmful plasticizers
- Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents and non-AZO dyes
- 99% latex free
- Style Features: Grip, Sustainable
- Length: 79"
- Dimensions: 79" x 24”
- Thickness: 4mm
- Weight: 5.62 lbs
- Care: USE & CARE: Without soaking or submerging, use a generous amount of mat cleaner over the entire surface, paying close attention to any areas of decolorization. Allow the cleaner to sit for 5 minutes and then gently Use a clean cloth to wipe mat dry before rolling or using. Manduka does not recommend cleaning your mat with a garden hose, putting it in the bathtub, shower, washing machine, or using a vacuum cleaner, as any of these will likely damage the mat beyond repair. Do not leave the mat exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight. Do not use any type of soap for cleaning, as it will compromise the performance and integrity of the mat. The salt method is not intended for eKO mats.
- Country of Origin: Imported
Founded at the turn of the millennium, Manduka® has always been a company that put its customers and the environment above all else. Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, stumbled upon a simple, yet elegantly created mat that completely revolutionized the way he practiced yoga. This revelation was the inspiration for the whole Manduka yoga line.
Sterios' creation would not have been possible without the help of his generous yoga teachers. As a form of appreciation he sent a mat to many of the yoga teachers he admired including Rod Stryker, Erich Schiffmann, Victor Van Kooten, Angela Farmer, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. As a traditional practice in yoga, these teachers shared these mats with their students and from there the word spread.
Manduka, derived from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana, is named as a tribute to Sterios' yoga mentor, Shandor Remete. The delight he took in hearing the word roll of his tongue helped him solidify the faith he had in his new company. From there the joy has spread to over 35 countries worldwide.
More than anything though, Manduka's commitment to quality and sustainability is unmatched in the yoga industry. Every detail and every decision is made with sustainability in mind. Manduka wants their customers to not only find peace with themselves, but their environment as well. Products like the Manduka eKO Lite Yoga mat, the eQua Hot Yoga Towel, demonstrate just how committed they are to sustainability.
Manduka understands that yogis of all levels come from diverse backgrounds, but they all share similar core values. Beyond just being eco-friendly, is the spirit and wisdom that yoga teachers and their students emanate. Yoga is more than just exercise on a mat, it's a way of life. Manduka embraces this idea and lets it shine through all their yoga products.