For greater stability and support, try this Balsa Stability Block Small from environmentally-friendly Jade Yoga™.
- Rectangular yoga block.
- Made from naturally growing balsa wood.
- Balsa wood may cause blocks to vary a bit in size and apperance.
- Dense construction for added grounding.
- Perfect for supporting poses, aiding alignment and opening your practice. Made in the USA.
- Designed for: all yoga types
- Materials: balsa wood.
- Dimensions: 2.75" x 5.25" x 8.75".
- Weight: 16 oz.
- Keywords: yoga, yoga block, support, balsa wood, dense, stability, natural
Jade Yoga™ first launched its brand of yoga mats in 2002, but its true beginnings grew from Jade Industries, Inc., a company selling non-slip rubber mats in the 1970s. With some yogis already using the rug pads as yoga mats, it only made sense for Jade Industries, Inc. to branch off and begin specializing in yoga products.
Following a demonstration from the great B.K.S Iyengar, the problem with most yoga mats became painfully obvious, they were slippery. Not only did it make practicing yoga annoying, but it put the user at risk of injury. Sticking with the parent company's core values of using natural, high-quality materials, Jade Yoga began working fervently in 2000 to address this problem. After some initial testing and sampling, the overwhelming response they received ensured Jade Yoga was on a path to success.
From their tireless efforts, Jade Yoga's "Harmony" line was born, comfortable, non-slip, and all-natural. This is Jade Yoga's mantra, helping yogis find peace with their inner nature, through nature. The development of the world's first "green" yoga mat really happened by accident because they were actually focused on making the best functioning yoga mat. It was just a coincidence that natural rubber provided the best comfort and performance for yogis.
Every day Jade Yoga seizes the opportunity to invent products and reinvent themselves. Never being satisfied with what they have, they continue to push to do bigger and better things. Since their initial launch in 2002, they've gone on to make stability blocks, yoga towels, among other things. This expansion hasn't stopped them from keeping their promise. Through their partnership with Trees for the Future, Jade Yoga plants a tree for every yoga mat sold. They truly embody the idea of being "environmentally friendly" and take it to a new level and that's what you can expect from Jade Yoga.
- Yogi S.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars7 years agoReviewingJade Yoga Balsa Stability Small 16 oz Wood Yoga BlockGreat stabilizer
Love my block!
- Maryam A.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars8 years agoReviewingJade Yoga Balsa Stability Small 16 oz Wood Yoga BlockWonderful Product
It helped me with my stability with some poses that can be a little difficult improved my flexibility. I just have to get use to them my hand slipped a little but that's because my grip is not as strong as it use to be generally speaking. My age is over 40.