Increase your range of motion and reduce the risk of injury with this Gaiam® Yoga for Flexibility DVD led by Patricia Walden.
- Yoga poses and exercises which lengthen and condition muscles.
- Increases range of motion and flexibility.
- Two 30-minute routines: - Back stretches - Front stretches.
- Designed to be continual yoga learning process so poses and stretches are more advanced and meant to be implemented gradually over time.
- Workouts can be done individually or as an hour long exercise.
- Designed for: yoga, flexibility
- Level: intermediate and up
- Run Time: 85 minutes
- Teacher(s): Patricia Walden
- Keywords: yoga, flexibility, stretching, DVD, Patricia Walden
Founded in 1988 in Boulder, Colorado by Jirka Rysavy, Gaiam® has long promoted the health and well-being of the individual and environment. "Gaiam" comes from the combination of the words "Gaia", meaning Mother Earth, and "I Am". This ideal has guided them towards success as they pursue the market on a personal and global level. Originally, started as a catalog business, Gaiam has since blossomed into a multi-media corporation. The company has since delved into yoga, fitness, bed & bath, and home & garden products.
Despite their expansion Gaiam has remained true to its core values of quality and sustainability. In all its business ventures, these values have been its one constant. Through its products, Gaiam aims to preserve the Earth and help its inhabitants. Gaiam believes that all living things are connected, and that by providing tools that increase awareness and healthy living, the Earth as a whole will benefit.
No better is its desire and passion evident than in its yoga line. With world-renowned yogis like Rodney Yee and Suzanne Deason sponsoring Gaiam's products, customers can rest assured they're receiving the best of the best. With products like the 68" Yoga Essentials® Mat or the Rodney Yee DVD kit, Gaiam has displayed its complete commitment to the yoga industry.
Fitness as a whole is Gaiam's larger focus. Whether you're just beginning to work out or already have a steady routine, Gaiam has products like the Gaiam Fitness Trainer Heart Rate Monitor and the Gaiam Calorie Coach Pedometer that can help you achieve your goals. No matter your goal, or your level of fitness, Gaiam is there every step of the way.
- StbVerified BuyerRated 4 out of 5 stars9 years agoReviewingGaiam Yoga for Flexibility DVDGood supplemental practice
I’ve played this twice and liked it. There are 2 practices --a warm up followed by backbends; a warm up followed by forward bends. Each section is about 20 minutes. I like the warm ups. The first warm up she holds the positions long enough to allow a good stretch (or build a little strength). The second warm up is a bunch of rapid fire positions creating a nice 20 minute workout. The backbends are not for me but forward bends are always relaxing. Just know when and where to use your strap and blocks.
- Kay K.Verified BuyerRated 3 out of 5 stars10 years agoReviewingGaiam Yoga for Flexibility DVDI could be wrong but not quite basic for all
Not everyone can sit on their knees. Teachers that make "basic" yoga tapes need to offer up other ways to get the job done. If you cannot do this, do this, etc. There are several poses on this tape that cannot be done unless you are flexible even if you use a blanket, block or belt. This is why you are buying the tape to increase flexibility. Nothing is mentioned about what to do if you cannot do the pose even with the block, belt, etc. I have been taking yoga for six months and have received some good class instruction to fall back on but without it, I would have found this tape frustrating. The teacher has a lovely voice and clearly she has beautiful form but how is this going to help me?