Naturally, our lips produce their own oils that keep them moist throughout the day. However, as the seasons change, so do our bodies. Our lips tend to get especially chapped and dry during the cooler seasons. Rather than break the bank by spending a ton of money on lip moisturizers, why not make your own? This lip balm is surprisingly simple to make with these basic, natural ingredients!
- Bees Wax
- Coconut Oil -OR- Cocoa Butter
- Peppermint Essential Oil (or any other scent of your choosing)
- Pot for Boiling Water
- Glass Bowl
- 25oz Lip Balm Containers (You can find plenty online. Etsy is a great option!)
- Add 3 tablespoons of Bees Wax and 5 tablespoons of Coconut Oil to a small glass bowl over a boiling pot of water.
- Stir the ingredients until melted.
- Add 5 drops of the Essential Oil.
- Use a funnel to carefully pour the mixture into the containers.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before using.
- Feel free to decorate container to give it a little more pizzazz by using labels, decorative tape or gems.
Makes about 15 lip balm containers and is great for holiday stocking stuffers, gifts, or party favors!
See our holiday gift guides for more ideas!
Got any of your own moisturizing DIYs for the cooler months? Feel free to share them with us in the comments below!