Manduka’s grippiest mat, the Manduka GRP Adapt Yoga Mat 5mm is versatile enough to go from slower flows to your sweatiest sessions, more forgiving to help you get into poses easier, and light enough to travel from place to place.
- Open cell proprietary PU material offers unparalleled dry grip and ultra-quick moisture absorption
- Unique weave allows moisture to quickly pass through and be absorbed into the interior foam layer
- 2x greater absorption capacity than the competition
- Foam rubber patent-pending material provides a unique, springy ride
- Softer cushioning helps protect joints
- Proprietary rubber composite specifically engineered to provide superior grip to the floor to prevent mat slippage
- Dimensions: 71” x 26” (180cm x 66cm)
- Thickness: 5 mm
- Weight: 6 lbs (2.7kg)
- Care: Mats designed to absorb moisture (GRP Series) should never be treated with disinfectant as the liquid will be absorbed into the mat and then cannot be thoroughly cleaned out. Use Manduka’s yoga mat wash and refresh to condition, clean, and prevent buildup on the surface of your mat, while maximizing the performance and lifetime of your mat. Wet a clean cloth with water and squeeze out excess water. Pump foam onto damp cloth, apply pressure and wipe down surface of your mat. Use between two to four pumps of restorative solution for each application. Repeat this process until entire mat surface is complete. Rinse cloth thoroughly and wipe down mat with fresh water. Use a dry cloth to soak up any excess water. Hang mat to dry before rolling and storing.
- Country of Origin: Imported
Founded at the turn of the millennium, Manduka® has always been a company that put its customers and the environment above all else. Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, stumbled upon a simple, yet elegantly created mat that completely revolutionized the way he practiced yoga. This revelation was the inspiration for the whole Manduka yoga line.
Sterios' creation would not have been possible without the help of his generous yoga teachers. As a form of appreciation he sent a mat to many of the yoga teachers he admired including Rod Stryker, Erich Schiffmann, Victor Van Kooten, Angela Farmer, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. As a traditional practice in yoga, these teachers shared these mats with their students and from there the word spread.
Manduka, derived from the Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana, is named as a tribute to Sterios' yoga mentor, Shandor Remete. The delight he took in hearing the word roll of his tongue helped him solidify the faith he had in his new company. From there the joy has spread to over 35 countries worldwide.
More than anything though, Manduka's commitment to quality and sustainability is unmatched in the yoga industry. Every detail and every decision is made with sustainability in mind. Manduka wants their customers to not only find peace with themselves, but their environment as well. Products like the Manduka eKO Lite Yoga mat, the eQua Hot Yoga Towel, demonstrate just how committed they are to sustainability.
Manduka understands that yogis of all levels come from diverse backgrounds, but they all share similar core values. Beyond just being eco-friendly, is the spirit and wisdom that yoga teachers and their students emanate. Yoga is more than just exercise on a mat, it's a way of life. Manduka embraces this idea and lets it shine through all their yoga products.
Sign up for new styles!
Get an alert when we add new styles of Manduka! Simply sign up and we'll notify you.